Customer success story
Enterprise Project Management
- Capital Projects
- Saudi Arabia
- To reduce operation costs and minimize projects deliver time through design and implement EPM solution to managing information of multi billion capital projects.
- SAP Based Solution Design
Oracle Primavera P6
Improve efficiency and effectiveness of capital projects levering and enhancing current SAP capabilities.
- Business preparedness to adopt and roll out the solution by both project management teams and PMO and other stakeholders
- Involvement of the key stakeholders and decision makers in the project. Stakeholders include: Project management teams, Inspection Department, Materials Supply, Engineering Services, and Operations/Maintenance.
- Approval of the WBS standardization; the standardized WBS is the foundation for the Solution and accordingly this structure must be finalized and approved prior to the Detailed Design.
- Empowerment of assigned representatives to sign off project deliverables on a timely basis.
- Identify the integration and decommissioning opportunities for other corporate applications to rationalize the applications stack required for different functions within project management.
- To identify and incorporate best of breed out of the box applications used world wide for project management.
- Tools were provided to set up the Project WBS based on standardized WBS templates, which was further tailored to fit individual project needs. This was an integrated solution provided by SAP PS and Oracle Primavera P6.
- Provided the capability to manage the Project Execution Plan in an integrated manner that combines baselines of Scope, Cost, Schedule, Contracting and resources together with other elements such as the quality plan, the contracting strategy etc.
- The Project Execution Plan enhanced to become a ‘living’ record of records: where currently the document is completed, signed off and then remains untouched for the duration of the project.
- Solution provided three portals: Company users accessed the system through an internal portal. Users at remote locations were able to access the functionality and reporting through a mobile web portal. Contractors accessed the system through the existing extranet portal which was expanded to include access to the relevant applications.
- Integrated project reporting and analytics provided through the COTS applications’ native user interface which displayed in the Portal.
- The implemented solution achieved savings of USD 19 million per year due to the efficiencies delivered by the automation.
- In addition, the solution delivered significant ‘maintain business’ benefits by standardizing business processes, improving project governance/controls, reducing potential audit findings, and providing a defense against claims.
The template is really nice and offers quite a large set of options. It’s beautiful and the coding is done quickly and seamlessly. Thank you!
Maria MuszynskaHead of IT department
More related stories
Transition to faster customer relationship management setup.
Analyze the past to know about the health of your patients for better health in the future.
From papers records to digital records in SAP Records and Case Management