People enjoy using their mobile phones since they can achieve many things on the go such as reading e-mails, social networking, viewing movies and plenty of other activities. We enjoy smartphones because they have numerous applications that make everyday activities easier.
If you are looking to develop for the mobile application market, a vital decision is to choose in between developing a native application or a hybrid one.
Native apps continue to be specific to a particular platform and can work on that particular platform just. These apps are different for various OSes such as iOS, Android, Windows, & Blackberry. When it pertains to iOS, native mobile apps development happens in Objective-C & Xcode. In case of Android, it is Java & Eclipse. These apps use the inbuilt features of that certain OS delivering an optimized performance and quality viewing. They can not work on other platform. Native app development suggests using the native programming languages of the devices to build the app. For iPhone, the native programming language is Objective C and the new Swift. For Android, the native programming language is Java.
To combine the functions of both native and web apps, hybrid apps enter play that cover the strengths of both the categories. These apps are developed internally with HTML5 within a native technology container on the exterior. There are numerous platforms used to develop hybrid apps. However, Xamarin, one of the best platforms to create such apps. Both native apps and hybrid apps have their own importance that can not be undervalued. Let us know in information the advantages of having native apps development along with hybrid apps development (in Xamarin).
There are benefits and drawbacks to using either technology.
Native Apps Development
Native apps are developed using the specific Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for specific OSes. iOS Software Development Kit (SDK) utilized for iOS, Android Software Development Kit (SDK) for Android, and so on. These apps might turn out to be costlier and lengthy choice, but the majority of suggested when you want your apps to stand out in both interface (UI) and user experience (UX).
Reasons to go Native
- Given that native apps occupy the home screen, there is more possibility of customer and brand engagement
- You can use native apps even offline without being connected to the Internet and getting yourself online
- There is more interaction and personalization associated with a native app with more simplicity and less intricacies
- Native apps are highly efficient in sending pointers and push notifications leading to boosted brand interaction
- Native apps do utilize browser components like navigation bars, search bars, and menus that messes up the total experience. They use app-specific controls of their own, which implies you just see essential parts
- Native apps are extremely smooth to use with pinch and swipe fluidity
- Native apps are highly light in weight, as they do not accommodate additional layers using up unnecessary memory
- Considering that they make use of integrated OS functions, native apps interact more easily with GPS, cameras, USB, Bluetooth, WiFi, and other apps present on the OS
Xamarin (Hybrid Apps Development)
Hybrid apps work across platforms and act like native counterpart. To create such apps in a renowned platform like Xamarin, developers target Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS with a shared C# codebase. With the aid of Xamarin platform, developers use exact same data structures, APIs, and languages for different platforms. Entire apps are written in C#, and the code is shared in between platforms. C# covers all the features of Java, Swift, and Objective C. Therefore, you can create similar native apps in C# with cross-platform compatibility. Furthermore, what assists Xamarin in doing so, is a standard native UI as well as a native API.
Needs to select Xamarin
- Over 20,000 NuGet.Net libraries and Xamarin components.
- Use individual IDE through Xamarin Studio for Visual Studio, Windows, or Mac.
- You can test your app on more than 1000 actual devices from around the world online.
- Automate things using C# or Ruby, with the assistance of a framework referred to as Calabash that has the capability to test in addition to automate an Android or an iOS app, right from the UI level, to scan for constant enhancements or best integration.
- Get comparison reports and performance data based on video playback in addition to full frame screenshots of every single test. In this manner you can learn all bottlenecks and regressions present inside.
- Get detailed in addition to accurate errors reporting, to understand who are the users influenced by the crash, and what course of actions happen after the crash occurs.
- Comprehend the way users act towards the app also which activities they do frequently, what are their demographics, what issues they have encountered, or which devices they are using.
- Let your app data integrate with external devices through integration. Get notified when the status of a concern modifications, an issue occurs multiple times, or when a new problem opens.