CMMI provides guidance for efficient, effective improvement across multiple process disciplines in an organization.
CMMI benefits the organization by providing a common, integrated vision of improvement. The ultimate benefit is improved performance that means decreased costs, improved on-time delivery, improved productivity, improved quality, and improved customer satisfaction.
Another benefit of CMMI is return on investment. Such a program more than pays for the monetary investment required. These are all reasons why CMMI is the choice for process improvement in multiple industries.
Below are some examples of the benefits of CMMI to real-world companies:
- Siemens Information Systems Ltd. reduced its cost of quality from over 45 % to under 30% over a three-year period.
- TATA Consultancy Services saved $4.6 million across all development centers.
- General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems reduced maintenance staff costs by 64% while doubling the size of the organization.
Improved On-Time Delivery
- General Motors improved the percent of milestones met from 50% to 85%.
- Raytheon North Texas Software Engineering improved schedule performance by 8% with a 50% decrease in variation.
- JPMorgan Chase reduced average slippage of project delivery dates by 70-80%.
- Tufts Associated Health Plans achieved 100% on time delivery of major IT projects in a full year.
- IBM Australia Application Management Services improved account productivity over 20%.
- SAIC System and Network Solutions Group doubled its productivity.
- Warner Robins reduced effort to deliver test programs sets by 25%.
- Siemens Information Systems Ltd. reduced defect density an average of 71% in three technical areas.
- IBM Australia Application Management Services closed 95% of problems within the customer-specified time frame.
- Tufts Associated Health Plans decreased software defects identified in testing 25%.
Improved Customer Satisfaction
- Lockheed Martin Management and Data Systems increased their award fees by 55%.
- Siemens Information Systems Ltd. increased their customer satisfaction index an average of 42% in three technical areas.
- Northrop Grumman IT, Defense Enterprise Solutions received more than 98% of possible customer award fees.
Impressive Return on Investment
- Accenture experienced 5 to 1 ROI for quality activities.
- Siemens Information Systems Ltd. experienced 2 to 1 ROI over 3 years.
- Reuters experienced over 3 to 1 ROI from reducing post-release defects.
You can search a database of published appraisal results (PARs) to find businesses and their achieved level ratings.
Additional Customer-Provided Information
There is a large collection of articles, books, presentations, and white papers about CMMI and related topics in the Software Engineering Institute’s Software Engineering Information Repository (SEIR). This collection includes categories of information such as General Information, FAQ about CMMI, News Groups, Benefits of CMMI, Case Studies, and Implementation of CMMI (including Lessons Learned). The repository requires registration and is free.
GeoViz has a history of serving enterprises to move to the next level of operational excellence focusing people, processes, infrastructure, and technology. We deliver, complex software development projects, Team Augmentations(co-sourcing), Business Intelligence, Retails Management, CRM, & Internet Technology solutions. GeoViz serves client inside North America specifically USA and Canada. We have physically served clients in the cities of Seattle, Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa, Monreal, Hamilton, London, Kitchener, Windsor, Detroit. Feel free to contact us or Drop us a note for any help or assistance.
Drop Us A Note
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Drop us a Note” title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]